DOSBox is a DOS-emulator that uses the SDL-library which makes DOSBox very easy to port to different platforms. DOSBox has already been ported to many different platforms, such as Windows, BeOS, Linux, MacOS X...
* Several small game specific fixes/hacks/support. (Offensive, Roadhog, GTA installer, Kingdom O' Magic soundcard detection, Pirate booter, Armored Fist installer)
* Add the S3-specific 640x480 256 color mode. (fixes regression in "Wooden Ships and Iron Men" and "I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream")
* Fix a stack overflow that could crash DOSBox.
* Add fake microphone input. (fixes Talking Parrot)
* Modify adlib turn off code, so that it doesn't turn off in cases where the same sound is repeated over and over again.
* Several small fixes to the CDROM audio code.(HOMM2, Redneck Rampage and others)
* Several improvements to the CDROM emulation code. (fixes Alpha Storm and GT Racing 97)
* Some small CPU fixes that might fix something.
* Handle opcode 0xff subcode 7 as invalid instruction. (fixes dif-2 & others)
* Some hercules fixes. (Testdrive)
* Improve support for blanked parts that wrap around to the start of the screen. (fixes Magic Circle demo and Sid&Al)
* Remove old OPL cores as the new ones seem to work very nicely.
* Modify movie recording code so that the movies aren't corrupt when you exit dosbox without stopping the movie.
* Change RGB3x scaler to look more pretty.
* Improve initial register values compatility of the GUS.
* Added autodetection for Gameblaster. (games can find it now)
* Change render preferences a bit to be more compatible with Windows 7.
* Add DOS fixes to terminate program. (fixes Fortune Teller)
* Add FFREEP. (fixes Trucks)
* Improve FPU ST80 in C mode when writing zero. (fixes Antigok)
* Add special int10 scanline function. (fixes mz700 and probably lots of games that mess with them)
* Fix scrolling in rarely used video modes. (fixes Orphee)
* Modify game specific hacks a bit so that Kick off 3 works again.
* Lots of fixes to the INT10 video parameter table. (Seven spirits of ra and others)
* Add VGA blanking in machine=vgaonly. (used by Alien Carnage)
* CGA, PCJr, Tandy: Add video blanking, change display start latch timing, sync pulse width correction.
* PCJr, Tandy: implement vertical retrace interrupt.
* PCJr, CGA: line-by-line video emulation.
* PCJr: support on-screen change of color modes 4medium to 16low. (used by Ghostbusters booter)
* Hercules: Add green and amber monochrome support.
* All machines: only update the video timing when needed. (Jungle Hunt, others that synchronize to the video screen might profit)
* Several small DOS fixes.
* Some UMB related fixes. (The Legacy without UMB)
* Fix version number of DSP for SB 1.5. (fixes a few games)
* Several VGA emulation improvements. (Allertone football manager)
* Some Tandy fixes. (Mech Warrior)
* Small improvements and fixes to the OPL emulation.
* Add low level Tandy DAC emulation.
* Some EMS fixes. (fixes Mortal Kombat and others)
* Change SoundBlaster DSP reset mechanism, add sb irq acknowledge logic. (fixes stmik-based applications)
* Some interrupt pointer location modifications. (fixes Tinker Tales)
* Some fixes to the BOOT code. (fixes Last Mission)
* Respect write-only file information. (fixes Champions of Zulala)
* Some RTC fix. (fixes Tully Bodine and others)
* Improve mouse emulation to work better with Water World.
* Hopefully fix the translation of the configuration file.
* Speed up and fixes for the recompiler core. (pitfall2 pcjr)
* Change memory start location. (fixes 7th Guest installer)
* Several fixes to the batch file handling. (Shift and use the typed first %0 instead of the parsed %0)
* Improve file redirection and redirected line ends. (fixes Phantasmagoria 2 DOS installer)
* Fix compilation with new MAC os X version.
* Add 16C550A FIFO support to the serial port emulation.
* Improve modem emulation to get higher speeds.
* Change default samplerates to 44100, blocksize to 1024 and prebuffer to 20, so that hopefully certain soundcards produce more fluent sound playback.
* Add some rarely used, but for some games critical flags to the internal commands.
* Add -userconf flag, so that the userspecific configuration can easily be used together with -conf configfile.
* Improve internal timing with repeating timers (especially with the dynamic core).
Program Information Category:
Tools and Utilities Type:
Free Version: 0.74 Size: 1.38MB Works on: Windows