calibre is a free and open source e-book library management application developed by users of e-books for users of e-books.
* Clean up GUI initialization and add support for restoring corrupted databases
* Make proxy detection more robust on windows and OS X. calibre now queries OS X
Network Settigns if no environment variables are set. Also handle proxies with a
trailing slash correctly
* Add EPUB advanced formatting demo to User Manual
* Support for the Booq Avant, Azbooka and the Samsung GT-I5700
* Backwards search in the E-book viewer
* calibredb: Add ability to create empty books in the database.
Closes tickets: 5504 [External link]
* Conversion pipeline: Support for the :first-letter pseudo selector
* Interpret a Keyboard interrupt (Ctrl+C) as a request to quit the main GUI
* CBC Input: Handle comics.txt encoded in UTF-16 with a BOM
* HTML Input: Fix silly bug in case sensitivity detection
* Kobo driver: Show all sideloaded content on the device.
Closes tickets: 5492 [External link]
* EPUB metadata: Fix bug with relative apths in encryption detection when
Closes tickets: 5471 [External link]
* E-book viewer: Fix next page scrolling when current document is just a little
more than a screenfull. Also use a more robust method to insert blank space at
the end of the document when the last screenfull is partially empty.
* EPUB metadata: Allow deletion of series/tags/isbn from EPUB files when Saving
Closes tickets: 5518 [External link]
* Fix regression that caused temporary blank line at the bottom of the books
list when adding duplicates
Closes tickets: 5500 [External link]
* Add icon for RTF
Closes tickets: 5503 [External link]
* Amazon metadata: If ISBN is not found, don't report an error message.
Closes tickets: 5501 [External link]
* EPUB Input: Fix typo that caused incorrect processing of EPUB files with more
than one identifier element and encrypted fonts
* Fix bug that caused send to device to send multiple copies to the device if
you had previously used Prefrences
* Linux prs 500 udev rule: Use SUBSYSTEMS instead of the deprecated BUS
* PML2PMLZ plugin: Actually compress the PML file stored in the PMLZ archive
Closes tickets: 5511 [External link]
* SONY drivers: Fix regression that broke collection ordering by series when
sending to device. And fix another rare error condition.
Closes tickets: 5487 [External link]
* CHM Input: Regression that broke CHM conversion on OS X.
Closes tickets: 5483 [External link]
* Fix PDB created in Dropbook not convertable by Calibre
Closes tickets: 5441 [External link]
New news sources
* APCOM, Leggo (it), Ansa and Punto Informatico by Gabriele Marini
* Scinexx.de by JSuer
* Various Russian news sources by Darko Miletic
Improved news sources
* Christian Science Monitor
* The Nation
* Physics World
* Discover Magazine
Program Information Category:
Tools and Utilities Type:
Shareware Version: 0.6.53 Size: 28.8MB Works on: Windows