Why settle for a basic build of your Firefox browser on Windows Operating Systems when you can have one that performs 25% faster? Mozilla does not provide optimized browser packages for Windows, while many Linux ("from scratch") users get the advantage of a browser built specifically for their system. That needs to change! So, here is the Pale Moon project: Custom-built and optimized Firefox browsers for Windows Operating Systems. Make sure to get the most speed out of your browser!
* Add-ons window shows recommended add-ons again
* Browse add-ons link fixed
* Fixed crashes on some pages with heavy plugin use
* Improved DNS name lookups and name caching. Pale Moon will make DNS lookups less often, lowering bandwidth use. (Thanks for the pointer, Jim!)
* Improved page rendering
* Add-ons window shows a longer list of add-ons when using search or the recommended list (10 instead of 5)
* Opening an HTML file or URL from explorer potentially gives a "file not found" error while opening the file/link.
* Cosmetic: Pale Moon incorrectly labels itself as -APPVERSION in some locations/cases
* Installer: Missing some text placeholders
* The installation directory for the browser differs from earlier versions. (Pale Moon instead of Pale Moon project). It is recommended to uninstall the previous version of the browser before installing this one to prevent double entries in the start menu, on the desktop and in the registry. This is an installer problem.
For more information: http://www.palemoon.org/troubleshooting.html#2_copies_on_my_system
Program Information Category:
Tools and Utilities Type:
Free Version: 3.6.8 Size: 7.9MB Works on: Windows