XChat is an IRC chat program for both Linux and Windows. It allows you to join multiple IRC channels (chat rooms) at the same time, talk publicly, private one-on-one conversations etc. Even file transfers are possible.
* The balloon time is now adjustable via /set
* The /Ghost command's password parameter is now optional.
* Updated the default IRC network list with various additions.
* When switching tabs, made the treeview only scroll if the selected item isn't
* The Search/Find window can now be closed with the ESC key.
* Selecting an item in the nickmenu will now copy it to clipboard.
* New icons for notification area (systray).
* For the auto-join command, added an 'x' filler for empty keys. This works
around a bug in ircd-seven.
* Lifted a limitation which only allowed the auto-join list to be 255 characters
* When a single channel-MODE changes, xchat will no longer re-issue a MODE
request for the titlebar display, but figure the new modes intelligently.
* A favorite networks feature has been added to the network list.
* Various text event changes:
o Added "Private Action", "Private Action to Dialog", "SSL Message".
o Added "Identified text" parameter all the 'action' events.
o Added a $3 parameter to "Server Text".
* Plugin API changes:
o Added 'gtkwin_ptr' to xchat_get_info.
o Added DCC fields 'poshigh' and 'resumehigh'.
Internet and communication
Product page: here