SoftPerfect Network Scanner is a free multi-threaded IP, NetBIOS and SNMP scanner with a modern interface and many advanced features. It is intended for both system administrators and general users interested in computer security. The program pings computers, scans for listening TCP/UDP ports and displays which types of resources are shared on the network (including system and hidden).
* Fully reworked core with full support of Unicode. Now the application should have fewer troubles in a multilingual environment.
* Multicolumn SNMP queries. Now you can run several SNMP queries at once with results going to separate columns.
* More reliable domain name, host name and logged user detection. If the standard methods fail, it uses NetBios to grab this data.
* More reliable uptime retrieval. Previously it could have incorrectly displayed "None" as the uptime.
* New command to selectively rescan certain columns on the display rather than performing a complete rescan.
* Improved performance on large networks, although gains should also be noticeable even on home ones.
* Reports the authorised/unauthorised status of found DHCP servers based in their registration in the Active Directory.
* Various UI enhancements and fixes throughout the application.
Tools and Utilities
Product page: here