mIRC is a popular Internet Relay Chat client used by millions of people, and thousands of organizations, to communicate, share, play and work with each other on IRC networks around the world. Serving the Internet community for over a decade, mIRC has evolved into a powerful, reliable and fun piece of technology.
It includes improvements, changes and fixes to a number of features, including:
* A new and improved Log Files dialog has been added that allows you to search log files and to view them in a window in mIRC.
* A Clear History dialog has been added to the Tools menu that allows you to clear the history of a number of features.
* File transfers now display progress bars in different colors to indicate transfer status.
* DCC Send transfer speed has been improved.
* A "UTF-8 encode/decode messages" option has been added to the Messages dialog to enable or disable UTF-8 encoding/decoding of server messages.
* The DNS routines have been changed to only request IPv6 if you are using features that require it, which should speed up connections for some users.
* Many other changes and bug fixes
In total there have been almost 80 changes to this version.
Internet and communication
Product page: here