TheSage's English Dictionary and Thesaurus is a professional software package that integrates a complete dictionary and multifaceted thesaurus of the English language into a single and powerful language reference system.
TheSage can look up words directly from almost any program (IE, Word, Firefox, Outlook, Thunderbird,... ) and is 100% portable.
- New: One-click word capture; Mouse-driven library (implementation + options).
- New: Implementation of the word list tool (GUI + algorithms + options).
- New: Word list operations (union, intersection,...), import/export, etc.
- New: Multiple selection in wildcard/anagram result tabs + context menu to save to word list/clipboard/etc.
- New: Multiple selection in similarity tool result tabs + context menu to save to word list/clipboard/etc.
- New: Multiple selection in phonetic search tool result tabs + context menu to save to word list/clipboard/etc.
- New: Greedy antonym search option for Lookup tool (algorithm + GUI). Triples the amount of antonyms returned.
- New: Greedy antonym search option for Semantic similarity tool (algorithm + GUI).
- New: Option to start/stop the (random) animation of TheSage's system tray icon.
- New: Detection of all Windows OS versions on the market plus some additional data (About dialog, System Information tab).
- New: Chronological and alphabetical list for history tool (implementation + options).
- New: Copy entire lookup to the clipboard.
- New: Copy entire thesaurus entry to the clipboard.
- New: Copy all definitions of a part of speech to the clipboard.
- New: Option to ignore anagrams smaller than user-defined number of characters.
- New: Option to ignore acronyms in Anagram search.
- New: Option to purge history of duplicates.
- New: Wildcard search option to automatically detect search patterns in lookup entry field if [ENTER] pressed.
- New: "Private release" tab in About dialog as well as small modifications in Splash page (added clickety).
- Changed: Small reorganization of pages related to the Lookup tool in the Options dialog.
- Changed: Anagram algorithm now searches for largest anagrams rather than alphabetically nearest in index.
- Changed: Wildcard and anagram tools have their own pages in the Options dialog.
- Changed: Middle-click on the Lookup search box, the box is cleared before pasting the clipboard contents and triggering a lookup
- Changed: Update dialog modifications to work with new versioning system.
- Changed: Update dialog now announces private releases to alert donors.
- Changed: About dialog now includes release type (public vs private).
- Changed: Documentation update.
- Fixed: Typo in lookup tree context menu.
- Fixed: Calling up the documentation form the Options dialog failed on some browsers' new versions.
- Fixed: Concordancers failed to carry out lookups when multiple lemmas were listed.
- Fixed: If a default installation is detected, the history and search pattern files are now placed in the
user's [application data] directory. Also, TheSage now automatically relocates these files if they were
misplaced by an earlier version of TheSage.
- Fixed: The 'Apply' button became permanently enabled on certain occasions.
- Fixed: Depending on which tool's appearance was affected, the 'Apply' button was not enabled after selecting a default font.
- Fixed: In an extremely rare case, the lookup queue was not processed entirely.