Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools. An active and growing online community provides friendly help, tutorials, and plugins.
* Improved: When pasting an image, Paint.NET will be smarter about ensuring it is placed within the area that has been scrolled/zoomed to.
* Improved: Performance and quality of the Curves and Hue/Saturation adjustments.
* Improved: Some minor improvements to memory usage, which should help out a few scenarios on 32-bit systems.
* Fixed: Copy-paste from a Remote Desktop
session will no longer be 'shifted' by 3 pixels.
* Fixed: Copy-paste from Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome should preserve alpha/transparency.
* Fixed: Copying from Paint.NET and pasting into Windows Live Writer should now work.
* Fixed: Taking a full-screen screenshot with Print Screen on a multimonitor system, where those monitors don't form a simple rectangle, will now fill the 'gap area' with transparent instead of black. (Example: two monitors of the same size, one of which is rotated by 90 degrees)
* Fixed: If Paint.NET is opened without specifying an image to open, and then the default image is modified and saved, then Paint.NET will no longer close that image upon opening another one. This was causing data loss if that default image had layers, and was then saved in a format that did not support layers (anything other than .PDN).
* Fixed: Some systems were showing 'red X' thumbnails for .PDN files in Windows Explorer, instead of the real thumbnail.
* Fixed: The EXIF "Creation Software" saved along with images is no longer localized. This prevents certain languages from seeing "Paint.NET ????? v3.5.6" in the image properties (metadata).
3.5.6 build 3972
Product page: here