calibre is a free and open source e-book library management application developed by users of e-books for users of e-books.
* A new 'highlight matches' search mode
"There is now a checkbox next to the search bar named 'Highlight'. If you check it, searching will highlight all matched books instead of filtering the book list to all matched books."
* RTF Input: Improved support for conversion of images. The bug where some images were shrunk should no longer happen
* Template language: Allow you to create your own formatting functions. Accessible via Preferences->Advanced->Template functions
* News download: Convert various HTML 5 tags into
to support readers that cannot handle HTML 5 tags
* RTF metadata: Add support for publisher and tags.
Closes tickets: 6657 [External link]
* BibTeX catalog: Add support for custom columns
* TXT Input: Support for textile markup
* Various minor tweaks to improve usability of Preferences->Plugins
* TXT Output: Convert to scene break marker.
* Support for the Archos 70
* SONY Driver: Add an option to automatically refresh the covers on every connect. Accessible via: Preferences->Plugins->Device interface plugins
* Add access to the larger template editor from plugboards via context menu.
* Speed improvement when connecting a large library to a device
* Speedup when searching on multiple words in a large library
* TXT Input: Add a heauristic formatting processor
* Fix bug that caused automatic news removal to remove any book that has a tag that contains the word 'news' instead of only books that have the tag News
* Refactor the downloading social metadata message box to allow canceling.
Closes tickets: 8234 [External link]
* Kobo drive does not deal with Null value in DateCreated column
Closes tickets: 8308 [External link]
* MOBI Input: Fix regression that caused images placed inside svg tags to be discarded
* Fix selecting Tablet output profile would actually select the Samsung Galaxy S profile
* Catalog generation: Fix a condition that could cause TOCs to not be properly generated in MOBI format catalogs
Closes tickets: 8295 [External link]
* Zip file reading: Be more tolerant when a zip file has a damaged file directory
* RTF Input: Various code cleanups. Go back to trying to handle unicode mappings without pre-processing. This will mean that some RTF files that used to convert, won't anymore. Please open tickets and attach them.
Closes tickets: 8171 [External link]
* ImageMagick: When identifying an image don't read the entire image
* FB2 Output: Add cover to FB2 metadata.
* Fix inability to customize builting recipe when more than one recipe has the same name
Closes tickets: 8281 [External link]
* RTF Input: Fix regression that broke the Preprocess HTML option
* Fix XSS vulnerability in content server.
Closes tickets: 7980 [External link]
* TXT Output: Clean up and produce consistant output. Spacing around headings. Headings are not indented when using the remove paragraph spacing option.
* Catalog generation: Handle invalid covers gracefully
* Email settings: Before displaying the email test dialog warn the user that it will expose their email password
* PDB Output: Fix regression that caused some PDB files to not work with other software
Closes tickets: 8231 [External link]
New news sources
* Yakima Herald and Tri-City Herald by Laura Gjovaag
* Wichita Eagle by Jason Cameron
* Pressthink and Zero Hedge by Darko Miletic
* tyzden by zemiak
* El Correo by desUBIKado
* Cicero by mad
* El Publico by Gerardo Diez
Improved news sources
* Financial Times UK
* Globe and Mail
* Wired Daily
* MIT Technology Review
* New York Times
* Heraldo de Aragon
* Exiled online
Program Information Category:
Tools and Utilities Type:
Free Version: 0.7.40 Size: 36.9MB Works on: Windows