WinHex is in its core a universal hexadecimal editor, particularly helpful in the realm of computer forensics, data recovery, low-level data processing, and IT security. An advanced tool for everyday and emergency use: inspect and edit all kinds of files, recover deleted files or lost data from hard drives with corrupt file systems or from digital camera cards.
* Improved and more informative Windows Registry report that can output selected portions of the key path in addition to the values. This is helpful for the interpretation of many registry values and renders it unnecessary for users to search for relevant information in the key path themselves.
* Generally accelerated registry report generation.
* Additional information is extracted for the registry report from Windows 7 registries about volume shadow copies, legacy programs, and Default Gateway MAC.
* Ability to save and load lists of report table names from the report table association dialog window. Useful to start right away with a set of predefined report tables as typically needed for a certain kind of case.
* Ability to import the valid data length of files that originate from NTFS volumes from evidence file containers as created by v15.4 SR-4 and later.
* Kerio Connect store.fdb files that can be processed like PST/OST files added as supported e-mail archive type.
* When creating a case report and copying files for inclusion in the report, the same easily readable representation of $LogFile, $UsnJrnl:$J, restore point change logs, $I recycle bin and Windows XP prefetch files as known from Preview mode will be output instead of the original file.
* Tools | File Tools | Wipe Securely has been accelerated.
* Some other minor improvements.
Program Information Category:
Tools and Utilities Type:
Shareware Version: 15.9 Size: 1MB Works on: Windows