Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
1. Fix a regression bug: the notification message boxes were not modal. It can be ignored by user then cause wrong input characters.
2. In order to reduce the confusion, new "Mark" tab for "Mark all" feature is made in Find/Replace dialog.
3. Make "Fide what" and "Replace with" fields larger in Find/Replace dialog.
4. Make message dialogs in Notepad++ translatable (in progress).
5. Change user manual format from chm to html.
6. Make minimalist installation available in installer.
Program Information Category:
Tools and Utilities Type:
Free Version: 5.8.7 Size: 5.28MB Works on: Windows