calibre is a free and open source e-book library management application developed by users of e-books for users of e-books.
* Nook Color driver: Send downloaded news to the My Files/Magazines folder on the Nook Color. Also when getting the list of books on the device look at all folders in My Files, not just My Files/Books.
* MOBI Output: Use the book uuid as the ASIN field and set cdetype to EBOK to allow Amazon furthest read tracking to work with calibre generated MOBI files.
Closes tickets: 8721 [External link]
* Comic input: Add an option to override the image size in the generated comic. Useful if you have a device whose screen size is not coverred by one of the available output profiles.
Closes tickets: 7837 [External link]
* Add a restore database option to the Library maintenance menu in the GUI
* TXT Output: Allow output in the textile markup language
* PML Output: Create multi-level Table of Contents
* Driver for the Archos 7O
* Search and Replace in the Bulk metadata dialog can now operate on the title_sort field as well
Closes tickets: 8732 [External link]
* Allow changing the case of authors/tags/series etc. via the edit metadata dialog
* Connect/share menu: Re-organize to make it a little less easy to select email and delete instead of just email by mistake
* Heuristics: Improved Scene break detection and add option to control what scene breaks are replaced by.
* SONY driver: Add option to not preserve aspect ratio of cover thumbnails.
* BiBTeX catalog: Add on device column when available
* Add search to the plugin preferences dialog
* Fix a bug that could cause fiels to be lost when changing metadata on east asian windows installs if the title and/or author is very long.
Closes tickets: 8620 [External link]
* Tag browser: Fix searching with items in a user category not owrking if the main category is hidden
Closes tickets: 8741 [External link]
* Make completion for author/series/tags/etc. fields less disruptive
* Fix regression that broke the content server when user categories/custom columns are present
* Catalog generation: Handle user supplied templates more robustly
* Move the Tags to apply to newly added books option into Preferences->Adding books
Closes tickets: 8730 [External link]
* Workaround for bug in Qt on OS X that caused crashes when reading metedata from two or more EPUB files with HTML covers that used embedded fonts. Now the embedded fonts are ignored on OS X.
Closes tickets: 8643 [External link]
* Fix regression that broke the use of the group searched terms tweak
Closes tickets: 8739 [External link]
* Fix template program regression triggered by recursively calling the processor
* Fix mimetype sent by content server for PDB files
* OPF: Write title_sort as a calibre custom metadata field rather than as a file-as attribute on the title. This conforms to the OPF spec
Closes tickets: 7883 [External link]
* SONY driver: Fix thumbnails being sent to SD card are sent to the wrong location. Also use correct thumbnail size so that the SONY does not regenerate the thumbnail on disconnect
* Do not discard the result of a conversion if the user opens the edit metadata dialog while the conversion is running
Closes tickets: 8672 [External link]
* CHM Input: When the chm file lacks a hhc, lookf for index.html instead
Closes tickets: 8688 [External link]
* EPUB Input: Filter some invalid media types from the spine
* RTF Input: More encoding handlig fixes.
Closes tickets: 8678 [External link]
* Linux binary build: Restore functioning of CALIBRE_DEVELOP_FROM, which was accidentally removed a few versions ago
* RTF Output: Retain html headings as rtf headings when converting to rtf. Also fix output of italics.
Closes tickets: 8641 [External link] , 8640 [External link]
* LIT Input: Fix regression that broke handling of LIT files that contain txt data instead of html
* MOBI Input: Handle more non printing ASCII codes
Closes tickets: 8646 [External link]
* Handle empty cover files more gracefully
Closes tickets: 8656 [External link]
* Catalog geenration: Fix error when Pocketbook is connected and trying to geenrate catalog
Closes tickets: 8651 [External link]
* Heuristics: Italicize common cases, reduce false positives.
* Fix regression that caused reporting of device connection errors to break
New news sources
* Cinco Dias and BBC Mundo by Luis Hernandez
* Explosm by Andromeda Rabbit
* Cinco Dias by Luis Hernandez
Improved news sources
* MSN Japan
* The Onion
* La Tribuna de
* Wall Street Journal
* 20 Minutos
* LA Times
* Endgadget Japan
Program Information Category:
Tools and Utilities Type:
Free Version: 0.7.44 Size: 37MB Works on: Windows