What is it for? WinSplit Revolution is a small utility which allows you to easily organize your open windows by tiling, resizing and positioning them to make the best use of your desktop real estate.
What can it do? WinSplit is especially useful for high-end LCD screens with high resolutions because it helps you to efficiently manage many active windows. For example WinSplit is useful for owners of the Dell 2407FPW monitor. As you can see in the screenshots below, the advantages of using WinSplit is that it saves you from having to drag and drop windows by allowing you to snap windows into specific tiled configurations using simple keyboard hotkeys.
* Bug Fix : The VirtualNumpad position was not correctly saved in some cases.
* Bug Fix : A message was shown (Problem to enumerate all screens) and the "Send to left/right screen" action cancelled if some "invisible mirrored monitors" are installed. Now, only real monitors are taken into account.
* Bug Fix : When launched at Windows startup, messages for communication between the hook system and the main application could not be delivered "in time", so WinSplit thought that there was a problem and was displaying an error message.
* New translations : russian
* Bug Fix : The screenshots folder could not be created under Windows 7 (and probably under windows Vista)
* New : the errors messages saying that hooks were impossible to install can now be desactivated
* Bug fix : the automatic update process could not be launched because of UAC : you'll still have to do the next update manually on some system (Windows Vista and 7)
* Bug fix : the Drag'n'Go functionnality was started even if the corresponding option was unchecked
Program Information Category:
Tools and Utilities Type:
Free Version: 11.03 Size: 1.57MB Works on: Windows