FrostWire, a Gnutella Peer-to-Peer client, is a collaborative effort from hundreds of Open Source and freelance developers from around the world. In late 2005, concerned developers of LimeWire's open source community announced the start of a new project fork "FrostWire" that would protect the developmental source code of the LimeWire client and any improvements to the Gnutella protocol design. The developers of FrostWire give high regard and respect to the GNU General Public License and consider it to be the ideal foundation of a creative and free enterprise market. FrostWire has evolved to replace LimeWire's BitTorrent core for that of Vuze, the Azureus BitTorrent Engine.
* New setting to turn off automatic installer downloads.
* New setting to limit the speed of BitTorrent downloads.
* New Galician flag added.
* UX improvements when creating new folders on the Phones and Tablets UI.
* Fixes bug when dropping files on an Android device that hasn’t been
* UX change. FrostWire will now seed torrents that have not been removed
from it’s download manager. Completed torrents now will appear as
* UX change. Default save location folder in Windows Vista and Windows7 is
now the user’s default “~Downloads/FrostWire” folder.
* UX improvements when showing FrostClick overlays. No more flickering.
Overlays are now shown in an animated slideshow. More than 2 artists
can now be promoted.
* Fixes bug when copying .apk files from Android device to desktop computer.
* Fixes bug when saving torrents to it’s default Save location if that
folder has been deleted.
* Fixes bug on which removed Torrent downloads would reappear.
* Updated Mojito DHT integration. Mojito DHT is now active.
* Upgraded anti-spam mechanisms.
* Removed all remnant code related to LimeWire Store.
* Cleanup to use a single logging library.
Program Information Category:
Internet and communication Type:
Free Version: 4.21.4 Size: 7.57MB Works on: Windows