7-Zip is a file archiver with the high compression ratio. The program supports 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP, WIM, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DEB, DMG, FAT, HFS, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, VHD, WIM, XAR, Z.
- 7-Zip now can unpack UEFI BIOS files.
- 64-bit version of 7-Zip now includes additional 32-bit shell extension DLL. So other 32-bit programs can call 64-bit 7-Zip via context menu.
- Now it's possible to associate 7-Zip with file types without Administrator rights.
- New -mf=FilterID switch to specify compression filter. Examples: 7z a -mf=bcj2 a.7z a.tar 7z a -mf=delta:4 a.7z a.wav 7z a -mf=bcj a.tar.xz a.tar
- There are some changes in LZMA settings for BCJ2 filter. So compression ratio now is slightly improved for executable files in -mx9 mode for .7z format.
- Some bugs were fixed. - New localizations: Corsican, Kyrgyz, Ligurian.
What's new in latest alpha update:
- 7-Zip now remembers "Show Password" option selection.
- The bug in latest alpha versions was fixed: Default solid block size was small (command line version only).
Tools and Utilities
Product page: here