This release provides the following changes compared to version 1.4.0:
1. DGDecode's fastMC option is enabled for 3dNow.
2. A scanning bug in reading the D2V file in DGDecode has been repaired.
3. The track specification for GUI and CLI has been changed to allow multiple
tracks to be enabled for demuxing. You can, for example, specify tracks 1 and 3
for demuxing. Previously, you could choose one track or all tracks.
4. Added the Skal and Simple IDCTs from DGDecode to DGIndex.
5. Added quant matrix logging.
6. Revised the video error handling to prevent macroblocking in some error
cases, and to prevent incorrect frame delivery leading to AV desync in some
7. A default save file name is now set in the Save Project dialog.
8. The CLI now supports demuxing the video (-OFD).
9. Fixes for bugs in YV12 upsampling (tritical).
10. When repeat flags are present give Film/Video percentages instead of
FILM/NTSC percentages. This avoids showing a PAL as NTSC in some cases!
11. The command line buffer has been increased to 4096 bytes. If you use a
DOS shell instead of programmatic invocation, you will be limited by the
capability of the DOS shell.
12. Destroy the Info dialog window upon any of these events: new file(s)
opened, right/left arrow buttons hit, scroll operation on timeline.
13. Various changes/fixes for upsampling by tritical. These apply as
appropriate for DGDecode, DGIndex, and DGVfapi:
* upConv can now be set to 3 values: 0, 1, and 2. 0 = do nothing, 1 = YUY2
output, 2 = RGB24 output... for the case that the input is 4:2:2 then 1 is the
same as 0.
* Added iCC parameter. iCC=true uses interlaced YV12->YUY2 upsampling,
iCC=false uses progressive YV12->YUY2 upsampling, and leaving iCC unset makes
it switch based on the progressive_frame flag.
* Fixed a little problem with the 422->444 conversion, fixed a problem
with the 444->RGB24 conversion where it wasn't correctly handling pixel
values that came out as < 0, and added a faster isse 422->444 conversion.
I also modified the 444->RGB24 conversion so that it uses the correct
coefficients (indicated by the matrix_coefficients value).
* Added a way to force DGVfapi (and the DLL access functions) to follow the
* Added a Colorimetry box to the DGIndex Info dialog.
14. Top-level picture decoding (slice and macroblock layers) was completely
redesigned to dramatically improve resilience to video errors, and to correct
some spurious video errors due to bugs in the old approach. The previous design
is a legacy of the original MSSG reference decoder. The new design was adapted
from fccHandler's excellent VirtualDub MPEG2.
15. Modified the Info dialog display of video errors to show text reasons
instead of numbers.
16. Added "fccHandler" to the credits listing in the DGDecode
17. Revised the playback speed option. It now gives 5 checkables: super slow
(5fps), slow (10fps), normal (plays reliably at the correct frame rate for the
stream), fast (2 times normal), maximum (as fast as possible).
18. A warning box is popped up if Force Film is used inappropriately. The
user can decide whether to proceed anyway or to cancel.
19. The leading number on the file path lines at the top of the file was
eliminated. This makes editing the D2V file to change paths easier. The D2V file
format version is therefore bumped to 11, and you will need to remake existing
20. Added an item to the Option menu: Force Open GOPs in D2V File. This
should be used when a stream erroneously claims that all its GOPs are closed.
21. Added a user manual for DGIndex! Thank you Cyberia.
22. Vob and Cell ID's are now displayed in the title bar.
23. Added a splash screen that is displayed when no file is loaded.
24. Added single-step mode to the playback speed options.