New browser features
New web developer features
- 235204 - Web Search (Ctrl+K, etc) should show a search dialog when
search bar is disabled.
- 296827 - Dragging text into the Find text box does not enable search
buttons or initiate search.
- 309860 - Dragging a URL to the tab strip should respect the Shift key
(use Shift to control whether the new tab is selected immediately).
- 303279 - Safe Mode: Use "safe" localstore.
- 304403 - Safe Mode: Better UE.
- 283598 - [Mac] New .dmg artwork with diagrammatic instructions.
New extension developer features
- 309242 - E4X should be on by default, while preserving the comment
- 302462 - Support :valid, :invalid, :out-of-range, and :in-range
- 84400 - Support :disabled and :enabled pseudo-classes.
Notable bug fixes
- 303727 - Supply a supported way to access the nsIEditor of HTML
- 310976 - Treat 1.5.* as 1.5.infinity.
- Fixes for several security holes.
- Fixes for several software-update bugs, including several that prevented
updates from working.
- Web page rendering and interaction
- 300453 - 'Disable common annoyances' prevents focusing of designmode
iframes. (Disallowing scripts from raising and lowering windows also
prevents them from focusing frames. Also, sites like Gmail that focus
iframes also focus the window even though they're not trying to.)
- 295074 - POST responses remain in the memory cache when using
- Back/Forward cache (fastback)
- 305462 - "Clear Cache Now" doesn't clear bfcache.
- 292965 - Improve eviction algorithm for bfcache.
- Windows-specific bugs
- 310957 - Switch Win32 SVG renderer from GDI+ to cairo. (This
improves cross-platform consistency of SVG rendering and eliminates
the requirement for Windows 98 users to download gdiplus.dll before
they can see SVG content.)
- Mac-specific bugs
- 171680 - [Mac] Modifier keys have no effect on mouse wheel.
- 309730 - [Mac] Tweak wheel+modifiers preferences on OS X.
- 255415 - [Mac] Scroll wheel doesn't work after selecting bookmark
from toolbar until you move mouse.
- 307340 - [Mac] Disable "Full Screen" UI for 1.5.
- 266769 - [Mac] Parent window isn't movable / draggable when sheet is
- Linux-specific bugs
- 287523 - [GTK] Insensitive (disabled) check/radio buttons can't be
distinguished in some GTK themes.
Internet and communication
1.5 beta 2
Windows, Mac OS, Linux
Product page: here