Mozilla Firefox 1.5 beta 2Posted on Saturday, Oct 08 2005 @ 01:39 CEST by LSDsmurf
Download: Mozilla Firefox 1.5 beta 2
New browser features
New browser features
- 235204 - Web Search (Ctrl+K, etc) should show a search dialog when search bar is disabled.
- 296827 - Dragging text into the Find text box does not enable search buttons or initiate search.
- 309860 - Dragging a URL to the tab strip should respect the Shift key (use Shift to control whether the new tab is selected immediately).
- 303279 - Safe Mode: Use "safe" localstore.
- 304403 - Safe Mode: Better UE.
- 283598 - [Mac] New .dmg artwork with diagrammatic instructions.
- 302462 - Support :valid, :invalid, :out-of-range, and :in-range pseudo-classes.
- 84400 - Support :disabled and :enabled pseudo-classes.
- 303727 - Supply a supported way to access the nsIEditor of HTML input/textarea.
- 310976 - Treat 1.5.* as 1.5.infinity.
- Fixes for several security holes.
- Fixes for several software-update bugs, including several that prevented updates from working.
- Web page rendering and interaction
- 300453 - 'Disable common annoyances' prevents focusing of designmode iframes. (Disallowing scripts from raising and lowering windows also prevents them from focusing frames. Also, sites like Gmail that focus iframes also focus the window even though they're not trying to.)
- 295074 - POST responses remain in the memory cache when using XMLHttpRequest.
- Back/Forward cache (fastback)
- 305462 - "Clear Cache Now" doesn't clear bfcache.
- 292965 - Improve eviction algorithm for bfcache.
- Windows-specific bugs
- 310957 - Switch Win32 SVG renderer from GDI+ to cairo. (This improves cross-platform consistency of SVG rendering and eliminates the requirement for Windows 98 users to download gdiplus.dll before they can see SVG content.)
- Mac-specific bugs
- 171680 - [Mac] Modifier keys have no effect on mouse wheel.
- 309730 - [Mac] Tweak wheel+modifiers preferences on OS X.
- 255415 - [Mac] Scroll wheel doesn't work after selecting bookmark from toolbar until you move mouse.
- 307340 - [Mac] Disable "Full Screen" UI for 1.5.
- 266769 - [Mac] Parent window isn't movable / draggable when sheet is open.
- Linux-specific bugs
- 287523 - [GTK] Insensitive (disabled) check/radio buttons can't be distinguished in some GTK themes.
Internet and communication
1.5 beta 2
Windows, Mac OS, Linux
Product page: here