Posted on Monday, November 14 2005 @ 21:09:08 CET by LSDsmurf
High Definition Television
- Support for multiple new over the air high definition cards
- New video decoder with better high definition decoding performance.
- New audio decoder with support for decoding Dolby AC-3 audio streams in high definition content.
- Support for SPDIF output
- New high definition guide data services including high definition indicators in the program guide
- New disk space indicator logic for high definition and standard definition content
- New lock to 16:9 aspect ratio option in windowed mode.
- Support for playing back high definition dvr-ms files.
- New signal strength and detection pages in the setup wizard.
- New support for non-square pixel displays.
- New support for tagging transport streams.
- New transport stream demultiplexer for playing HD streams.
- New requirements check for HD required components.
- Software Divx capture
- Divx Transcode support
- Automatic conversion from SSX to AVI for DivX format recorders.
- Backcapture of live TV buffer while watching that show in live TV is now supported.
- Support for tuning and timeshifting FM radio.
Search By Category:
- New search by category feature (customizable by advanced users)
Bug Fixes and Improvements:
Stability and Performance:
- Library operations are more responsive
- New advanced settings for controlling the throttling applied to background ShowSqueeze and SmartSkip operations.
- New task scheduling algorithm optimizes operations on dual and multi core system. Potentially a 1.6 to 1.8 speedup on Intel dual core systems.
- New database format.
- Worked around a bug in Windows Server 2003 SP1 that would crash the ViewScape.
- Additional fixes for incorrect system times during installation.
- Database is now reinitialized and a database update is started when a version mismatch is detected.
- Fixed an issue where the agent was not repairing a service hang in certain cases.
- Start and stop the recording early/late settings now directly affect the scheduling of those recordings. This allows users to work around unusual 1-2 minute overlaps in guide data.
- Workaround for incorrectly set registry permissions on installation.
- Improved timeouts and error messaging when Beyond TV Link fails to connect.
- Various fixes to volume control in live TV.
- Individual per source selection of the recording file format if multiple and different types of inputs are available.
- Advanced setting to control recording engine process priority.
- Eliminated e-mail signup requirement for .Net.
- Fixes added for tuning new DirecTV (D10) boxes via the serial port.
- EULA for web services has been relaxed to allow developer usage of Beyond TV web services over the network without an extra license. (See EULA for definitive explanation)
- All strings are now localizable.
- Free unlimited tuner licenses with Beyond TV 4.
Program Information Category:
Shareware Version: 4.0 Size: 27.4MB Works on: Windows