BitWise is the first cross platform, encrypted, direct-connect instant messenger offering the same features on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
- Reduced lag during/between message transmission by 75%, very noticeable on
maxed out dial-up connections.
- New voice protocol that does not require UDP forwarding or firewall setup
by either party, in most cases.
- When receiving voice data is delayed, catch up to real-time (i.e. drop old
data) when data resumes.
- Added option to "Conversation" menu allowing you to temporarily
disable macro processing.
- Conversations windows flash using "new message" setting when a
file transfer is complete.
- Buttons on file transfer manager correctly update when automatically
resuming the selected file.
- Fixed newline differences (Windows vs. Linux/Mac) from triggering Plus Key
- Fixed UDP Alert window from continuing to show even after checking not to
show the alert again.
- Mac: Changed default audio buffer to 50 from 25 to alleviate choppy audio
Internet and communication
1.7 beta 1
Product page: here