|There are currently 64 people online.
Posted on Sunday, November 20 2005 @ 18:50:30 CET by LSDsmurf|
Download: GCfilms 6.0
- Péri is now the GCfilms mascot. He has been created by le Spektre.
- New icons, new skin and changes in graphical interface.
- Romanian translation added thanks to Mugurel Tudor.
- New layout modes: 'Read Only' and 'GCfilms Website'. Information cannot be
modified with these layouts. User has to double-click on a movie to update
- New layout mode: 'Compact'. All the information are displayed in only one
tab on a reduced area. (task #1993)
- Movies have a new field: Series. When they are displayed in detailled
mode, it is possible to group them by collection. You may also use drag and
drop in list to organize movies. (task #2009)
- A video file may be associated to a movie and played from GCfilms (using a
configurable external player) (task #1994)
- Some information may be extracted from video file. It concerns movie
runtime, size, video and audio formats. It works only for OGM, AVI, MPEG and
QuickTime videos for the moment. (bug #2243)
- Import and Export plugins for Tellico, a collection manager for KDE.
- Plugin to import .tar.gz archives generated through corresponding export
- New plugins for Internet searches: Film Affinity (ES and EN) and
Dicshop.se (SE). (task #1987 et sr #654)
- Toolbar could be displayed on different places (top, bottom, left, right)
and also undocked.
- Layout mode for movie information may be changed without restarting the
- Images size may be changed for picture and detailed modes.
- When performing a web search, the selected site may be used automatically
for future queries. (task #2056)
- Searches in collection can be made according to movies years. (bug #2722)
- Graphical installation program has been changed a lot.
- Help menu has a new item that lets user know what optional dependencies
are not filled and which plugin is concerned by them.
- New HTML templates, Simple and Shelf. Existing ones have also been changed
- HTML export plugin provides some previews for available templates. It is
also possible to automatically open the generated page into the web browser.
- Exporting movie collection can be done according to current filtering
options. (task #1357)
- New feature in Edit menu and context menu: Duplicate a movie. It will
create a new movie with all the fields filled with values of the current
- Double clicking on a movie in list open a window where movie information
can be modified.
- New field: Video Format (bug #2666)
- Images can be stored with a path relative to data file. (sr #653)
- In window asking for confirmation when removing a movie, a check box lets
user change the corresponding setting.
- In image mode, background picture may be changed independently of what the
- Size of windows displayed to show movie information is saved. (bug #2836)
- A right click on movie picture displays a small context menu with an
option to clear the image. (bug #2705)
- In detailed mode, movie identifier is updated in list when modified. (bug
- Automatic identifier generation improved. (bug #2702)
- Ordering by movie identifier is done numerically. (bug #2701)
- Categories filtering takes spaces into account. (bug #2799)
- Sort field and sort order used by movies list are stored between GCfilms
uses. (sr #760)
- Charset problem fixed in HTML export. (bug #2837)
- Bugs fixed in IMDb plugin (bug #2782 and bug #4722)
- Bug fixed in OFDb plugin.
- Windows installer could install ActiveState Perl if needed.
- Bug fixed in Windows uninstaller that caused removal of personal
information (movies collection and configuration). Now this is asked to the
- Removal of websites pictures from packages because of license problems.
- Changed default options.
- More GNOME Human Interface Guidelines compliance. It includes use of some
standard dialog boxes (e.g. the About dialog).
- Lots of internal changes for performance improvements and easier
Product page: here