SecureCRT 5.1 (beta 2) complies with FIPS 140-2 cryptography requirements,
offers improved authentication with X.509 digital certificates, adds the ability
to easily launch multiple sessions, and improves SSH agent functionality.
- Added history support to the chat window, allowing previous commands to be
viewed, edited, and sent.
- SSH2: Passwords for SSH2 sessions can be changed from the Session Options
dialog using the SSH2 protocol when it is supported by the remote machine.
- Added a global-file-only option "Clipboard Data Format", which
allows the clipboard data format to be set to CF_TEXT, CF_OEMTEXT, or
- When "FIPS mode" is enabled, invalid cryptographic algorithms
are not displayed in the Session Options dialog.
- When "FIPS Mode" is enabled, it is displayed in the About box.
- SSH2: Added default support for X.509 certificate server host keys.
- SSH2: When a key exchange method is not supported, a message is logged to
the trace output.
- SSH1/SSH2: Authentication methods can be edited in the Session Options
dialog for SSH1 and SSH2 sessions that are connected.
- When SecureCRT and SecureFX were integrated and the terminal protocol for
a session was set to SSH2 and the transfer protocol was set to FTP, if the
password was saved, it had to be re-entered when switching between SecureCRT
- Paste sometimes used Unicode, even though ASCII text was selected.
- When multiple sessions were connected and the "Always on Top"
setting was changed, the setting did not always have the correct value when
a different session was active.
- After installing SecureCRT and running it for the first time, if the
evaluation dialog was quit, the next time SecureCRT was run, it tried to
- SSH2: Pressing OK in the GSSAPI Properties dialog caused SecureCRT to
- SSH2: SecureCRT did not honor the SFTP Tab Local directory setting.
- SSH2: When "FIPS Mode" was enabled, the New Host Key dialog did
not display the server's fingerprint. It is now displayed as a SHA-1 hash
when "FIPS Mode" is enabled.
- SSH1: Under certain circumstances, SSH1 host keys could not be saved.
Tools and Utilities
5.1 beta 2
Product page: here