LimeWire 4.11.0 betaPosted on Wednesday, Mar 15 2006 @ 15:56 CET by LSDsmurf
Download: LimeWire 4.11.0 beta
- Improved connection management. LimeWire will use much less resources and memory when making outgoing connections or starting a download.
- Support for 'Secure Results'. These are messages that LimeWire can verify are secure and not tampered with in any way. Some messages that contain risky data (such as a URL to go to) are discarded if they are not secure. Secure Results will appear in your search results quality column with a 'lock' icon instead of the stars.
- Support for 'Content Filtering'. This allows users to optionally have LimeWire check all files they upload and/or download against a list of content that copyright owners have requested be removed from the network. This feature is in active development. To learn more about it, visit the content filtering 'about' page.
- Improved temporary task handling. LimeWire will use a pool of cached threads to handle long-lived tasks instead of constructing a new one for each. This should significantly improve performance on some machines.
- Improved checking for a live internet connection. LimeWire should do a better job of knowing when the internet is alive or not.
- Fixed the sizing of the LimeWire GUI. It will now take into account all sorts of intrusions on the desktop space, such as the dock on OSX or taskbar on Windows (be it on the top, left, bottom, or right). Folks who liked to keep LimeWire maximimized may have noticed that it shrank slightly every time LimeWire was restarted. This is now fixed.
Tools and Utilities
Product page: here