Posted on Tuesday, March 28 2006 @ 11:59:41 CEST by LSDsmurf
- Internal resize now supports threading. Performance gains of over 40% can be seen when using the Balanced (default) encoding mode on a Pentium D Extreme Edition CPU and resizing anamorphic D1 material to square pixel (1:1 PAR) equivalent verus the same configuration with threading disabled.
- A new "Enhanced multithreading" performance option is available that can increase encoding rate under circumstances where the input to the encoder is not immediately available. Examples include production suites that render effects during exporting, transcoding a source format with a slower decoder, or encoding in applications with few pipeline optimizations.
- Typical performance improvement when running on Dual Core systems is around 16%. However, using our Pentium D Extreme Edition system to transcode HuffYUV source in Better quality mode we have seen encoding rate increase by up to 35% (equating to more than 11 frames per second!).
- "Enhance texture" is a new Psychovisual Enhancement method that improves quality for keyframes and reduces the appearance of stray blocks under fast motion. As with other Psychovisual Enhancement methods, the perceptual quality can be higher, although the PSNR metric RD performance is typically lower.
- There is now an MMX version of the MPEG quantization algorithm that may improve encoding rate up to 22% for older processors.
Program Information Category:
Shareware Version: 6.2.0 Beta 1 Size: 14.7MB Works on: Windows