Apple System Management Control 1.0Posted on Wednesday, May 17 2006 @ 19:17 CEST by LSDsmurf
The SMC Firmware Update 1.0 is a System Management Control (SMC) firmware update for certain Intel-based computers, including iMac (Early 2006), Mac mini (Early 2006) and MacBook Pro (15-inch) computers. Tip: Print or write down these instructions before you begin installing the update.
There are two parts to this process: Installing the firmware update application, and using the firmware update application to install the SMC Firmware Update.
- Download the SMC Firmware Update 1.0, which is available at Apple Downloads.
- Quit open applications, which are marked in the Dock with a small triangle.
- Double click the SMC Update.pkg file.
- Click Continue after reading the licensing agreement, then click Agree if you accept the terms.
- Click Install to install the update application.
- After the software is successfully installed, click Close to start the updater application. (If you inadvertently skipped this part, you can find the updater in /Applications/Utilities.)
- Read the onscreen firmware update installation instructions, then click Restart to proceed.
After your computer restarts a second time, you should see a message stating
that the update was successful. Click OK to continue.
Tools and Utilities
Mac OS X
Product page: here