The SMC Firmware Update 1.0 is a System Management Control (SMC) firmware update
for certain Intel-based computers, including iMac (Early 2006), Mac mini (Early
2006) and MacBook Pro (15-inch) computers. Tip: Print or write down these
instructions before you begin installing the update.
There are two parts to this process: Installing the firmware update
application, and using the firmware update application to install the SMC
As your computer starts, the SMC will be updated. Your computer's fans will run
at full speed during the update but will return to normal once the update
completes. The computer will restart again once the firmware update is complete.
Important: Do not interrupt the update process.
- Download the SMC Firmware Update 1.0, which is available at Apple
- Quit open applications, which are marked in the Dock with a small
- Double click the SMC Update.pkg file.
- Click Continue after reading the licensing agreement, then click Agree if
you accept the terms.
- Click Install to install the update application.
- After the software is successfully installed, click Close to start the
updater application. (If you inadvertently skipped this part, you can find
the updater in /Applications/Utilities.)
- Read the onscreen firmware update installation instructions, then click
Restart to proceed.
After your computer restarts a second time, you should see a message stating
that the update was successful. Click OK to continue.
Tools and Utilities
Mac OS X
Product page: here