TrueCrypt 4.2aPosted on Wednesday, Jul 05 2006 @ 13:29 CEST by LSDsmurf
Download: TrueCrypt 4.2a
- Writing to a TrueCrypt volume under Linux no longer causes the system to stop responding under certain conditions.
- Occasional application errors no longer occur when selecting a file (Windows XP SP2 issue).
- Fixed bug that caused installation of the TrueCrypt driver to fail under certain configurations of 64-bit Windows.
- TrueCrypt volumes mounted in a remote session under Windows 2000 can now be accessed.
- TrueCrypt Volume Creation Wizard no longer blocks hot keys of certain applications. (Windows)
- Other minor bug fixes (Windows and Linux)
- It will not be required to reinstall the TrueCrypt kernel module after every minor Linux kernel update.
- Support for latest Linux kernel (2.6.17)
- Other minor improvements (Windows and Linux)
- The Linux version of TrueCrypt now uses the TrueCrypt Random Number
Generator (ported from the Windows version of TrueCrypt) instead of using
only the Linux built-in random number generator. (This change was necessary
due to a flaw in the Linux built-in random number generator: Data from the
mouse and keyboard, which are the most important sources of random data, are
not read by the Linux built-in random number generator when the user has
only a USB mouse/keyboard.)
Note: The Linux version of TrueCrypt still uses the Linux built-in random number generator. However, it is now merely one of the data sources used by the TrueCrypt random number generator.
- Interactive mount mode, which allows the user to avoid passing sensitive parameters via command line. (Linux)
- TrueCrypt volume is unmapped if mounting it to a directory fails. (Linux)
- When the ‘Never Save History’ option is enabled, TrueCrypt sets its “current directory” to the user’s home directory (in traveller mode, to the directory from which TrueCrypt was launched) after a container or keyfile is selected via the Windows file selector. Therefore, the Windows file selector will not “remember” the path of the last selected container or keyfile. (Windows)
- Released under the TrueCrypt Collective License Version 1.0
Tools and Utilities
Product page: here