ATi Catalyst 5.2Posted on Thursday, Feb 10 2005 @ 02:55 CET by LSDsmurf
This section provides information on new features introduced in the latest release of the CATALYST™ Software Suite.
The CATALYST™ Software Suite 5.2 introduces 3D setting options to the CATALYST™ CONTROL CENTER system tray. The shortcut allows the user to easily adjust their 3D settings without having to load the CATALYST™ CONTROL CENTER.
The 3D setting submenu will be found in the Adapter menu of the system tray. When a user selects the 3D submenu option, the following options will be made available:
- Anti-Aliasing. Application managed options include, 2X, 4X, 6X, and Enable Temporal Anti-Aliasing
- Anisotropic filtering. Application managed options include, 2X, 4X, 8X, and 16X.
- CATALYST™ A.I. (For RADEON™ 9700 and above). Options include:
- Mipmap detail level. Options include; High performance, Performance, Quality, and High quality.
- TRUFORM™. Options include; Application pref, or Always Off.
- Wait for vertical refresh. Options include; Always off, Off unless application specifies, On unless application specifies, and Always on
- Direct3D Setting. Options include; Enable geometry instancing, Support DXT texture formats, and Alternate pixel center
- OpenGL Settings. Options include; Triple buffering, and Force 24-bit Z-buffer depth
Full changelog here
Product page: here