This build provides several very important fixes to the problems found in
previous Betas and Release Candidates:
- Windows Vista Upgrade support added. If you’re planning to upgrade your
Windows XP installation to Vista, shut down your guest OS and go to
Actions->Prepare Windows Vista Upgrade… menu item. Parallels Desktop
will tune your Virtual Machine and start it. All you need to do is to wait
till Windows XP is loaded, insert Windows Vista CD and start the upgrade.
- Global Sharing option is now disabled by default. We believe the feature
has received enough testing already. From now on, you make the decision to
enable real drag-and-drop or not. The new behavior is :
NOTE! Global sharing is forcibly disabled for all existing RC1 and RC2
installations upon RC3 upgrade.
- On your first drag and drop attempt you will be prompted to choose
whether you’d like to enable Global/Local sharing or just copy the
file to Windows.
- The difference between Global and Local sharing are:
- Global Sharing - shares the whole Mac filesystem.
- Local Sharing - shares only your Home folder(a nice enhancement
request we had received from beta testers.)
- USB fixes. Both stability fixes and new devices support. Feel free to
check your favorite device with RC3 and report to us if it still doesn’t
- Mac OS X 10.5 “Leopard” experimental support. The best virtualization
solution for Mac is now available
Tools and Utilities
build 3170 RC3
Mac OS X
Product page: here