Windows Vista support.
Disk test improvements:
- Updated the reported Operating system for the various Vista product
- Reduced the need for elevated administrator privileges:
- Changed the location of the disk test files from the root directory of
the test volume to a BurnInTest data files subdirectory (e.g from
"C:" to "C:BurnInTest test files")
- Moved many of the files from the Program Files directory to the User
directory for Windows 2000, XP and Vista. When running BurnInTest on
Windows 98, ME or from a key.dat file (e.g. from a USB drive with a
licensed key.dat) BurnInTest will store these files in the BurnInTest
program directory. Specifically, the following files have been moved
from the Program Files directory to the User Personal directory, e.g.
Vista - "C:Users
XP - "My DocumentsPassMarkBurnInTest"
- Files: Configuration file, Configuration load/save default directory,
Save log file and image default directory, parallel port override
"ioports.dat" directory, default command line script
directory, log file directory, video file directory, Plugin directory,
machine id file directory, Run as script default directory, CD burn
image, Advanced network FTP temp files.
- Moved files from the Program files directory for the Advanced Network Test
(BurnInTest, EndPoint and CheckEnd). Specifically, the User Application
directory is now used for the temporary test FTP files and the User Personal
directory is now used for the log and configuration files.
- Updated the Graphics card description for Windows Vista systems.
- Updated the Advanced Network test to indicate that elevated administrator
privileges are required when running on Vista.
- Replaced the Help system with Browser based help.
- Included a new version of PassMark Rebooter that supports Windows Vista.
CD test improvements:
- The Block size used in the disk test is now configurable per disk. The
default block size has been increased from 16KB to 32KB.
- Increased the number of disks that can be tested from 20 to 26.
- Disk test settings can be configured for "Automatically Select all
Hard Disks", rather than using defaults.
- An option has been added to automatically detect all of the CD and DVD
drives for the CD test (as per the disk test). This may be useful when
testing across many systems with different optical drive configurations.
- When running the CD test under BartPE (Pre-install environment) 4 specific
files are skipped as they are unavailable for testing.
- Updated the cleanup process for when running the "zip" version
of BurnInTest Professional from a CD or flash drive.
- Changed the USB preferences and test to more completely check for the
PassMark USB Loopback plugs and ignore any device that is not a PassMark USB
Loopback plug (due to reported incorrect detection with another hardware
- Updated BurnInTest to reflect that Temperature monitoring with Intel
Desktop utilities is supported. Intel Desktop utilities essentially is a
replacement for Intel Active Monitor for newer Intel motherboards.
- Disk preferences displayed in the Preferences window could have been
incorrect when the system had no Floppy drive.
- The Advanced Network test results might not have been displayed until
after entering the Duty Cycle selection (ie. just changing from the standard
network test to the advanced test).
- Temperature information could have been duplicated in the HTML report.
- Certain 'save report' warning messages could have been truncated.
- In rare cases in Disk preferences, invalid default values could be set for
a disk, an invalid value error would occur and the values would need to be
Tools and Utilities
5.2 build 1005
Product page: here