In response to direct customer need for a streamlined method of identifying
common security misconfigurations, Microsoft has developed the Microsoft
Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA). It includes a graphical and command line
interface that can perform local or remote scans of Windows systems.
MBSA 2.1 Beta extends previous versions by adding support for Windows Vista.
MBSA 2.1 can be installed on computers running Windows Vista and it can scan
Windows Vista computers.
Note: This software is a pre-release version. It may not work the way a final
version of the software will. We may change it for the final, commercial
version. We also may not release a commercial version.
MBSA 2.1 Beta 1 supports the following scenarios:
- Installing on Windows 2000 SP4 through Windows Vista.
- Security update scans
- Local online scans on Windows 2000 SP4 through Windows Vista
- Local offline scans on Windows 2000 SP4 through Windows Vista
- Remote offline scans against Windows 2000 SP4 through Windows Vista
- Remote online scans against Windows 2000 SP4 through Windows Server
- Local and remote VA scans against Windows 2000 SP4 through Windows Vista