BackTrack 2.0 stable released It's taken us almost 5 months to pull ourselves
out of the beta stage. Every time we thought we were done, a new idea or
improvement would surface, and we just *had* to implement it. Many features were
added, and many of the old (yet persistent) bugs were fixed. We honestly believe
that BackTrack v 2.0 Final is the leanest, mind blowing and sexiest version to
come out and hope that you enjoy using it as much as we did making it.
New exciting features in BackTrack 2, to mention a few:
- Updated Kernel-Running 2.6.20, with several patches.
- Broadcom based wireless card support
- Most wireless drivers are built to support raw packet injection
- Metasploit2 and Metasploit3 framework integration
- Alignment to open standards and frameworks like ISSAF and OSSTMM
- Redesigned menu structure to assist the novice as well as the pro
- Japanese input support-reading and writing in Hiragana / Katakana / Kanji.
Tools and Utilities
Product page: here