Tomato is a small, lean and simple replacement firmware for Linksys'
WRT54G/GL/GS, Buffalo WHR-G54S/WHR-HP-G54 and other Broadcom-based routers. It
features a new easy to use GUI, a new bandwidth usage monitor, more advanced QOS
and access restrictions, enables new wireless features such as WDS and wireless
client modes, raises the limits on maximum connections for P2P, allows you to
run your custom scripts or telnet/ssh in and do all sorts of things like
re-program the SES/AOSS button, adds wireless site survey to see your wifi
neighbors, and more.
- Removed several updates made during the last few versions which may have
caused more problems for some.
- Fixed device list may not show all (again).
- Added weekly bandwidth usage page and reworked the daily and monthly
pages. The weekly page uses the the daily data so no additional changes to
the data file is needed.
- Time: Added more new DST, adjusted a few TZ, increased field size of
servers, blocked servers (kiss-o-death/stratum=0) can be cleared in the GUI
(shown only if there is a blocked server).
- Logging: Cron event logging can now be disabled, mark interval can now be
adjusted, limit can now be disabled.
- PPTP, RTSP, H.323 NAT helper modules can now be disabled in
Advanced/Conntrack incase anyone has problems with these. These were always
loaded in previous versions.
- Upgraded Dnsmasq to 2.38.
- Upgraded Dropbear to 0.49.
- Added support for Buffalo WZR-G54.
- Added support for Linksys WRTSL54GS without USB. There is absolutely no
USB support built-in or installable! I was asked for this even without USB.
Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to make a full version for this
one anytime soon.
Tools and Utilities
Product page: here