The Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar provides several features for exploring
and understanding Web pages. These features enable you to:
- Explore and modify the document object model (DOM) of a Web page.
- Locate and select specific elements on a Web page through a variety of
- Selectively disable Internet Explorer settings.
- View HTML object class names, ID's, and details such as link paths, tab
index values, and access keys.
- Outline tables, table cells, images, or selected tags.
- Validate HTML, CSS, WAI, and RSS web feed links.
- Display image dimensions, file sizes, path information, and alternate
- Immediately resize the browser window to a new resolution.
- Selectively clear the browser cache and saved cookies. Choose from all
objects or those associated with a given domain.
- Display a fully featured design ruler to help accurately align and measure
objects on your pages.
- Find the style rules used to set specific style values on an element.
- View the formatted and syntax colored source of HTML and CSS.
- If Internet Explorer is running while you install the Developer Toolbar,
you must restart Internet Explorer before the Developer Toolbar will work
- The Developer Toolbar icon may not be visible by default. If you do not
see it after restarting Internet Explorer, click the right-facing arrows at
the end of the IE7 command bar to view all available toolbar buttons.
- Some menu items are unavailable (grayed out) when running Internet
Explorer in Protected Mode on Windows Vista. To use those options,
temporarily turn off Protected Mode or right-click the Internet Explorer
icon in the Programs menu and choose 'Run as administrator'.
- In IE6 or in IE7 with tabbed browsing off, using the validation links will
navigate the current window to the validation page. To launch the validation
links in a new window, open the Tools menu, click Internet Options..., and
uncheck "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts" in the Advanced
tab, or use IE7 with tabbed browsing enabled.
Internet and communication
Product page: here