Just wanted to let everyone know about a new update for Google Desktop for the
Mac. We've been reading your emails, blogs, and comments, so we focused this
update on making Google Desktop faster and fixing the bugs that we hear the most
about. We have also updated Google Updater in this release with a lot of great
bug fixes. You can check out our release notes for more details. If you have
Google Desktop installed, you don't need to do anything to get the update, we'll
deliver it to you automatically. If you want to try the latest version of Google
Desktop, go to desktop.google.com/mac.
P.S. For all the Mac developers out there, we've also added a new XML based
query API that is supported on the PC and the Mac.
- Shorter crawl-time after restart
- Added XML API to get results from web server
- Ignore deleted applications in Search Box
- Now compatible with Camino 1.5
- Display of paths in Search Box
- Updater UI lists multiple products
- Improved Updater security model
- Improved Updater manual update UI
- Handling of diacriticals when indexing and searching
- Improved amount of memory used when indexing large files
- Several critical bugs would cause the machine to either crash or become
unresponsive, especially when using Google Toolbar in Firefox.
- Greatly sped up display of large documents in revision history.
- Install would fail if the machine's PERL installation was missing certain
- Constantly re-crawling email identified as spam by the subject line.
- Pasting into the Search Box wouldn't work after the initial install.
- Memory consumption during Gmail downloading.
- Crash when user disconnects from the Internet in the middle of Gmail
- Cases where Search Box wouldn't show offline Gmail, even when offline.
- Memory leaks.
- Throttle crash reporter to only send one report per hour.
- Search Box help screen supports multiple keyboard layouts.
Tools and Utilities
Mac OS X
Product page: here