Cain & Abel is a password recovery tool for Microsoft Operating Systems. It allows easy recovery of various kind of passwords by sniffing the network, cracking encrypted passwords using Dictionary, Brute-Force and Cryptanalysis attacks, recording VoIP conversations, decoding scrambled passwords, recovering wireless network keys, revealing password boxes, uncovering cached passwords and analyzing routing protocols. The program does not exploit any software vulnerabilities or bugs that could not be fixed with little effort. It covers some security aspects/weakness present in protocol's standards, authentication methods and caching mechanisms; its main purpose is the simplified recovery of passwords and credentials from various sources, however it also ships some "non standard" utilities for Microsoft Windows users.
- Added Windows Vista support in LSA Secrets Dumper for external registry
- Fixed a bug in LSA Secrets Dumper causing application crashes.
- Fixed a bug in NT Hashes dumper for hive files when only NT hashes are
- Winpcap library upgrade to version 4.0.1.
- Added Windows Vista support for Active Wireless Scanner.
- Off-line capture file processing now compatible with 802.1Q Vlan
- Sniffer filter for LDAP passwords.
- Automatic Certificate Collector for LDAPS protocol.
- LDAPS Man-in-the-Middle Sniffer and password collector (TCP port 636).
Tools and Utilities
Product page: here