Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools.
* Note: For the beta, the new features are only presented in English. The
final release will have complete translations for the other supported languages.
* New: Soften Portrait effect, by David Issel
* New: Ink Sketch effect, by David Issel
* New: DirectDraw Surface (DDS) file format support, by Dean Ashton. Improved
from the original source code by optimizing the DXT compression library
("Squish") to take advantage of multiple cores or processors.
* Improved: Visual fit-and-finish for the Layers window.
* Improved: Visual fit-and-finish for the close / 'X' button on image
* Changed: The keyboard shortcut key for the Color Picker is now 'k'. This makes
it so that the toolbar option, "After click: Switch to previous tool",
is not useless for those using the keyboard shortcuts.
* Fixed: Pressing Ctrl+[ no longer cancels out of drawing a line/curve, but
instead decreases the brush size by 5 as expected.
* Fixed: Ctrl+clicking on the brush size +/- buttons now changes the brush size
in increments of 5
* Fixed: Save Configuration dialog would "creep downward" from its
last position every time it was opened again
* Fixed: TGA codec now saves the # of alpha bits to the image descriptor byte.
This was causing some other applications to load TGA files saved with Paint.NET
as solid black images.
* Fixed: Clicking the 'X' to close the Layer Properties dialog was not reverting
changes made to the layer while the dialog was open.
* Fixed: Installation will not proceed unless Paint.NET is closed, and will also
not allow Paint.NET to be opened until installation is completed. This helps to
ensure a fully coherent and complete installation or update.
* Fixed: In Vista, it was possible to crash the Save As dialog by typing a
filename that was too long.
* Fixed: In Vista, it was possible to crash the updater if you let the UAC
* Fixed: It was possible to crash Paint.NET on some systems by clicking on a
tool in the Tools window while the "Save As" dialog was open.
Program Information Category:
Free Version: 3.10 Beta 2 Size: 1.4MB Works on: Windows