GB-PVR is a fully featured home media center application, allowing you to easily use a remote to watch tv, schedule recordings, watch videos, watch DVDs, listen to music, view photos etc.
- 'import recordings' and 'export recordings' will now include recurring
recordings (season and manual).
- added a workaround to ensure the PVRX2 would gracefully handle
hibernate/standby when in FSE mode (Fullscreen Exclusive)
- added logic to remove zap2it epg source option after 1 September.
- command line parameters now working on PVRX2, including -direct, -directonly,
-export, -import, -removehistory, -emptyepg, -emptyepgonly, -updateepg,
-updateepgonly, -removeallgenre, -removehistory and -deletependingrecurring
- recording service now looking for plugins in subdirectories like the rest of
- slight change to the way thumbnails are captured during playback to speed the
- video inset makes a return. You can press 'home/menu' key to view video in a
window. (PC only, not on MVP at this stage)
- fixed a problem where recordings initiated while watching tv could show up as
a six hour long recording on the Recordings screen
- logging level now also applies to the *-native.log files. Any writing to disk
can cause slight stuttering or poor reduce the quality of animations in
Direct3D, so I wanted the user to be able to effectively disable logging by
setting it to 'Info'.
- fixed a problem that could cause the window size to not be remembered when
resizing and later switching to/from fullscreen.
- fixed a problem where comskip file times could be wrong during playback
- fixed a bug where a crash could occur if the app was configured to start on
the second monitor, but no second monitor was present
- fixed a slight alignment problem in the TV Guide
- overscan settings from config.xml are now working in PVRX2
- mvp now correctly channel channels when typing the channel number without
having to press ok.
- much improved ATSC compatibility with the MPEG producing muxes (Cyberlink, ATI
- delete and associated confirmation popups now working in Recordings/Video
- 'start on second monitor' setting makes a return. Whether this results in a
smooth UI and smooth video playback will depend on whether you videocard and
drivers support acceleration on the second display. Most modern cards support
- screensaver now implemented in PVRX2
- teletext now implemented in PVRX2
- fixed a bug that could cause high CPU usage or stuttering in live tv if no
listings were available for that channel at that time (and OSD was trying to
show current programme details)
- fixed a bug where the current time could disappear from the main menu
- fixed a bug where keying the channel number in live tv could result in the
channel changing several times in quick succession. This could make it look like
a slow channel change, or stuttering during the channel change, and could could
cause the 'switch to previous channel' key to stop working.
- changed the way HVR1600 QAM tuning is done to make it work for more users
- fixed a bug where Windows screen saver could kick in while watching photo
- added a few performance enhancements for users with lots of recordings.
- tray icon can now be used to start PVRX2.exe instead of GBPVR.exe
- fixed a problem that could result in comskip adverts not being shown on first
file playback on the MVP
- added a few improvements to the skin fallback mechanism
- partially implemented new horizontal scrolling menu type
- 'exit' button on main menu now not shown on new PVRX2 MVP server
- added Avermedia M780 QAM support (thanks sslusser)
- <MvpHighPriority> setting now obeyed with new MVP server.
- the 'force-foreground' system context menu item has made a return
- added SchedulesDirect EPG source option. This is almost identical to zap2it,
but using a pay-for-listings model. US/Canada users wanting to use this option
will need to create an account at www.schedulesdirect.org.
- mvp skin can now be different from the main skin
- fixed a bug where the recording service could continue recordings if the user
shut down the MVP while watching live tv
- fixed a slight alignment problem in the TV Guide
- now correctly able to change filename on manual recording popup.
- added logic to resolve common plugin dependencies by looking for assemblies in
the new plugincommon subdirectory
- added <FindAllCloseOnRecord> setting in config.xml that specifies
behaviour in TV Guide 'Find All' screen when the 'quick record' option is
chosen. It controls whether the 'find all' popup is closed or not.
- fixed a bug where file duration wouldnt update when playing an in-progress
- fixed a bug where pressing 'escape' in Video/Music/Picture Library wouldnt
make it back to the top level directory if more than one media directory was
- TV Guide in PVRX2 now shows recording color status in the timeline, and
current time displayed in top right
- fixed a error that could occur when attempting to delete a directory in the
- fixed a few minor skinning issues with the default blue skin
- current time is now displayed in the OSD while play videos or watching tv
- DVB EPG will now harvest listings for channels on other muxes if
<DvbEpgHarvestOtherServices> is set to 'true' in config.xml
- added a checkbox in the config app to control whether logs are flushed or not.
In the past the flushing was always enabled unless the user edited config.xml.
Flushing to disk ensures all log messages will be present if there is a crash,
so useful when posting logs for me to look at, but can have adverse effects on
- fixed a bug where manually recording details were not shown in the conflict
Program Information Category:
Free Version: 1.0.16 Size: 14MB Works on: Windows