We’re proud to announce the public release of HandBrake 0.9.0. This is a major
release. The changes cannot really all be summed up, but here’s a try:
- User experience is improved through a re-envisioned Mac interface and a
Windows interface that’s been rebuilt from the ground up.
- Picture quality is improved through better image scaling, better
deinterlacing, new filters for denoising, deblocking, inverse telecine, and
new presets devoted to high quality settings.
- Speed improvements due to updated copies of x264 and ffmpeg. This includes
improved multi-threaded encoding for the iPod.
- Compatibility is improved through new presets for devices like the iPhone
and PSP. As well, HandBrake now supports DTS as an audio source and has
limited support for .VOB and .TS file containers as input. Most excitingly,
HandBrake can now output to the Matroska (MKV) file container.
- Stability has been improved due to countless bug fixes. (Including audio
drop and mp2 issues). Handbrake also has optional support for MP4 files
larger than 4 gigabytes.
Product page: here