Free (released under the GNU General Public License) disk defragment and optimize utility for Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista/X64. Completely automatic and very easy to use, fast, low overhead, with several optimization strategies, and can handle floppies and USB disks/sticks.
- Fix for reading the "$MFT::$BITMAP". In some very special cases the bitmap would only be partially read, causing files on disk to be ignored.
- Fix for the "::$SECURITY_DESCRIPTOR" problem. Directories with a special security attribute would get this string appended to their name, making them unmovable.
- Reorganised the code for the out-of-sequence fix (see previous releases).
- Two fixes in the graphics subroutines. Some users reported that the display sometimes froze during normal operation.
- Excluded items are no longer listed in the "These items could not be moved" and "These items are still fragmented" reports.
- The error message "Cannot find volume name for mountpoint: %s" was changed into "Ignoring volume '%s' because it is not a harddisk.".
- Added "?:WINDOWSsystem32dllcache*" to the default list of SpaceHogs.
- Addedd message 57 to the messages.
Program Information Category:
Tools and Utilities Type:
Free Version: 3.25 Size: 321KB Works on: Windows