CamStudio is able to record all screen and audio activity on your computer and create industry-standard AVI video files and using its built-in SWF Producer can turn those AVIs into lean, mean, bandwidth-friendly Streaming Flash videos (SWFs)
Here are the changes and fixes:
- Recording Region By Window - ADDED
- Left and Right Mouse Button Visual Feedback When Clicked - ADDED
- True Multi-Language Support For Recorder, SWF Producer, and Player - ADDED
- Recording Audio From Speakers - REMOVED DUE TO LACK OF SOURCE CODE
- Recording For A Preset amount of time - ADDED
- New Effects Menu added with:
- Add System Time Stamp To Video
- Add Caption To Video
- Add Watermark To Video (Transparancy not supported, yet!)
- Added Redirect URL function so a viewer can be taken to another URL immediately after video has finished playing.
- Added Cancel button to “Converting to SWF” dialog so you can cancel a SWF conversion at any time. You don’t have to wait until it’s finished or force it to close with CTRL, ALT, DEL.
- Firefox bug when playing a Flash SWF file - FIXED
- When using another language, some menus and options are either missing or still in English.
- Native Vista compatibility not supported, but workaround listed on the blog using XP Compatibility Mode.
- Documentation (still working on it)
2.5 Beta 1
Product page: here