Matrox has introduced two new multi-head PCI Express x16 graphics cards today, the M9128 and M9188. The M9128 is a new dual-head graphics card with DisplayPort and DVI support, while the M9188 is a beast capable of supporting eight DisplayPort or DVI outputs. And if this isn't enough, you can add a second M9188 to drive up to 16 displays, all from a single workstation!
Both graphics cards will start shipping this quarter, the Matrox M9128 LP PCIe x 16 will retail for $259 while the Matrox M9188 PCIe x16 will be priced at $1,995.
"The M9188 is designed specifically for professional monitoring environments that require visualization of large amounts of data at once to enhance mission-critical decision making," says Ron Berty, Business Development Manager, Matrox Graphics. "The expansive multi-monitor configuration allows system operators to accurately manage energy grids or train dispatch applications, while ensuring maximum performance across all displays."
Matrox M9128 and M9188 Key Features
* Native PCIe x16 performance
* Single-slot graphics cards
* 1 GB (M9128) and 2 GB (M9188) of memory
* Drive two (M9128) or eight (M9188) DisplayPort monitors at 2560x1600 per display or DVI Single-Link monitors at 1920x1200 per display
* Can be combined with other M-Series products (multi-card support)
* Support for stretched or independent desktop modes across all monitors
* Easy deployment and wide enterprise flexibility with unified driver package
* Support for Windows 7 (32/64bit), Windows Vista® (32/64bit), Windows XP (32/64bit), Windows Server 2003/2008 (32/64 bit) and Linux