Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools.
* Improved: Effect rendering should
be a little faster now.
* Changed: Implemented some changes to
the "Add Noise" effect that were suggested by a forum member.
* Changed: The canvas background color
is now always #c0c0c0.
* Changed: The auto-updater should now
correctly detect .NET 3.5 and newer, which will help to save bandwidth when
Paint.NET v4.0 is released (it will require .NET 3.5).
* Fixed: Paint.NET now works on a system
that has the .NET 3.5 SP1 "Client Profile" installed.
* Fixed: When zoomed in and the cursor
is to the top-left of the image (negative coordinates), the ruler is now
highlighted in the correct area. Fixed: The effect rendering system no longer
sets the "Tag" property on the configuration dialog.
* Fixed: Some incorrectly authored
plugins would cause a crash when loading their support details (author,
* Fixed: There was a bug in the color
wheel for IndirectUI that caused it to show the wrong values at initialization.
* Fixed: There was a performance problem
for effects that used the IndirectUI color wheel control.
* Fixed: In some rare cases, Paint.NET
would crash while shutting down.
* Fixed: When using the "Fixed Ratio"
feature of the Rectangle Selection tool, it would crash if 0 was specified for
both the width and height.
Program Information Category:
Free Version: 3.36 Size: 1.6MB Works on: Windows