RIOT 0.4.0Posted on Tuesday, April 20 2010 @ 12:26 CEST by Thomas De Maesschalck
Radical Image Optimization Tool (RIOT for short) is a free image optimizer that will let you to visually adjust compression parameters while keeping minimum filesize. It uses with a side by side (dual view) or single view interface to compare the original with the optimized image in real time and instantly see the resulting file size.
- new: the much requested Batch Optimizer (optimize multiple files with a few
- new: Basic image adjustments (Adjust brightness, contrast, gamma, invert colors along with the optimization process)
- new: Open even more image types
The new open plugin architecture lets you extend the number of recognized formats
The RAW + HDR plugin collection adds support for opening RAW camera images from all major manufacturers, OpenEXR and HDR images.
- added Macintosh PICT image format support
- Improved PNG compression (The internal PNG "best compression" was substantially improved.)
- new: ability to easily use well known external PNG optimizers like optiPNG, PNGOut.
Also, any other tools can be added for use (for example AdvanceCOMP, pngCrush, etc).
- option to apply by default the fastest PNG (ZLIB) compression when "Best compression" is unchecked (speeds some things up, like performing quantization, removing metadata, etc)
- updated libraries to LibTIFF 3.9.2, zlib 1.2.4, libpng 1.4.1 and OpenJPEG 1.3.0
- main form position is now remembered when "Save settings on exit" is enabled
- added decoding support for the old and outdated JPEG-in-TIFF 6.0 format in TIFF
- fixed loading of JNG with progressive-JPEG formats
- fixed loading of TGA with a corrupted RLE count
- drag & drop multiple files support (opens the batch optimizer)
- command line option: when multiple files are specified, the batch dialog is showed with the supported files added to the list
- comments/textual data from other formats are now successfully transferred to JPEG comment
- optimized math functions (faster zooming)
- replaced some code snippets with faster and smaller equivalents
- the file filter for the open dialog is now built dynamically based on available internal and external plugins with read support
- small bugfixes for showing the compress to size function enabled or not
- other small fixes and improvements
Product page: here