Dell rolled out two new desktop PCs in its Studio lineup; the Studio Desktop and Studio Slim Desktop. Both systems start at $549 and have a glossy black design finish.
With a starting price of $549, these stylishly designed PCs are packed full of entertainment enhancers including standard graphic support for DirectX 10 and optional Blu-ray Disc players and built-in HDMI for easy connections to HDTVs. Powered by state of the art technology and designed to be the center of the home electronics universe, the Studio desktops provide great multimedia performance that is scalable to meet users’ specific needs and preferences. Home entertainment scenarios include:
* Super-size vacation pictures, listen to MP3s or stream Internet TV on an HDTV by connecting via the built-in HDMI port.
* Add an optional Blu-ray disc drive and watch Blu-Ray movies on HDTV or one of Dell’s brilliant HD flat panel monitors.
* Add an optional TV Tuner and use Microsoft’s Windows Media Center to watch, pause, and rewind live TV and record favorite shows.
Functional Design and Customizable Technology
Featuring a sophisticated, glossy black design finish, the new Studio desktops blend nicely into home entertainment centers. Users can choose from the Dell Studio Desktop, with a traditional mini-tower chassis that makes future upgrades easy, or the Dell Studio Slim Tower, a sleek, compact design that’s great for space-constrained environments.
Whether it’s running the home theater, or producing slide shows and video, the Dell Studio desktops are optimized with a variety of standard and optional features that make creating and watching content a breeze. Standard features include:
* Six USB 2.0 ports (2 front, 4 back) for easy connections to cameras, MP3 players, storage keys.
* Built-in 1394a port for fast connections to digital video cameras
* Integrated graphics that support DirectX 10 and optional Blu-Ray player
* HDMI output for connecting to an HDTV or high-definition display
* Gigabit Ethernet for faster uploading and downloading
* Built in 16-in-1 media card reader on Studio Desktop, (optional 19-in-1 on Studio Slim Desktop)
* 350 Watt power supply on the Studio Desktop, 250 Watt power supply on the Studio Slim Desktop
Optional features include:
* Video card upgrades from ATI
* 64-Bit versions of Windows Vista , with support for up to 8GB of system memory
* Blu-ray DiscTM drives
* Built-in 802.11n Wi-Fi
* Built-in TV tuner with remote control
* Wireless keyboard and mouse