Texas Instruments presents a 720MHz edition of the OMAP3530 processor:
Giving designers more performance to run new application features and additional headroom to add their own IP, Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today announced a speed upgrade for the OMAP3530 applications processor and evaluation module (EVM). The new OMAP3530 processor features a 720 MHz ARM® Cortex™-A8 core and a 520 MHz TMS320C64x+™ DSP. This enables users to gain faster access to databases, spreadsheets, presentations, e-mail, audio and video attachments, Web browsing and video conferencing applications. This single-chip solution also supports faster boot times suitable for applications such as portable infotainment, Point-of-Sale (POS) devices, Web tablets and single board computers (http://www.ti.com/OMAP3530perf-increase-prprod).
720 MHz OMAP3530 processor key features and benefits:
* 720 MHz ARM Cortex-A8 core provides 1400 Dhrystone million instructions per second (MIPS)
* 520 MHz C64x+™ DSP provides more headroom to optimize quality audio and video codecs and custom IP
* POWERVR SGX™ subsystem for 3D graphics acceleration to support display and gaming effects
* Comprehensive power and clock-management scheme that enables high-performance, low-power operation and low-power standby features
* Pin-for-pin compatible with TI's OMAP35x devices makes it easy for OEMs to efficiently create a complete product portfolio based on the single platform
OMAP3530 EVM key features and benefits:
* Based on the 720 MHz OMAP3530 processor and can also be used to evaluate the OMAP3503, OMAP3515 and OMAP3525
* Ability to run full-featured operating systems, such as Windows® Embedded CE and Linux
* New S-Video/Component/Composite input, S-Video output
* Features TI's TVP5146 analog-to-digital video decoder
* TI integrated power management ICs, OMAP3530 power requirements and design considerations: www.ti.com/omap3530power-pr.