USBDLM is a Windows service that gives control over Window's drive letter assingment for USB drives. Running as service makes it independent of the logged on user's privileges, so there is no need to give the users the previlege to change drive letters.
It automatically solves conficts between USB drives and network or subst drives of the currently logged on user.
Furthermore you can define new default letters for USB drives and much more.
- Bugfix: Last line in the USBDLM.INI had been ignored when fewer than two empty line at the end
- Bugfix: Even with NoMediaNoLetter=0 USBDLM registered for some notifications. Under Vista64 this prevents drives from beeing 'prepared for safe removal'
- Workaround: NoMediaNoLetter works under Vista64
- Bugfix: OnRemoval works now on removal of a card from a card reader
- Bugfix: USBDLM service no more maked as 'interactive' under Vista which caused warnings in the syslog
- New: NoMediaNoLetter can be configured more detailed:
- NoMediaNoLetter=0 -> no drive
- NoMediaNoLetter=1 -> multislot-cardreaders only
- NoMediaNoLetter=2 -> singleslot-cardreader too
- NoMediaNoLetter=3 -> all 'removable' drives
- New: NoMediaNoLetter can be forced for certain drives by a section [NoMediaNoLetterInclude] (analog to [NoMediaNoLetterExclude])
- New: Drive letters in short notation. samples:
This is availlable in lines 'Letters=' only, not in Letter1=, Letter2= etc.
- New: User=- can be configured as criterion for 'no user logged on'
Tools and Utilities
Product page: here