|There are currently 65 people online.
Download: Audacity 1.3.4 beta
Audacity is free, open source software for recording and editing sounds. It is available for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems.
- New Welcome Screen with introduction to Audacity.
- Enhanced Windows Shell integration, so Audacity shows up in lots of
Windows places such as "Open With".
- New keyboard command: 'Mix and Render to New Track' (bound to
- New keyboard shortcut: "Shift-A" starts playback when stopped,
or performs "Stop and Select" when playing.
- Added support for VAMP audio analysis plug-ins.
- Solo button solos only one track at a time, and a track cannot be both
mute and solo.
- Keyboard shortcuts for making short/long jumps along the timeline.
- Added 'Snap To' in the Selection Bar.
- Made keyboard navigation easier when multiple menu items with the same
first letter exist.
- Enhanced interface for label editing.
- Layout of OK/Cancel buttons consistency improved.
- "Select all audio in project, if none selected" (on by
- "Beep on completion of longer activities" (system bell, not
- Other preferences cleaned up and explanations improved.
- Envelopes: Many fixes when copying / pasting / repeating.
- Many translation updates.
- Track height fixed in several cases.
- CleanSpeech mode switching without closing and re-opening fixed.
- Metadata editor added for OGG, FLAC and WAV/AIFF exports, and general
- Metadata import improved.
- Muted tracks are no longer audible in the exported mix.
- Truncate Silence: support for multiple and stereo tracks.
- Dtmf Generator:
- Added support for keypad letters.
- Added an amplitude control.
- Compressor: variable decay time added.
- Clicks at start / end prevented.
- Improvements to saved curves being found.
- Preview works correctly.
- 'Merge' command appears in Undo history.
- Clipping detected more reliably.
- Nyquist plug-ins reviewed and enhanced.
- Better (and more) progress bars.
- Cancelling effect always restores previous audio.
- Several improvement to effects in batch mode.
Note that Help is no longer built in, but accessible on the Web via links in
- Improvements to latency correction.
- Updated version of portaudio-v19 library.
Product page: here