|There are currently 90 people online.
Download: Opera 9.50 beta 2
- Full text history search is now part of the address field, with better
results and better performance.
- Introduced a new security notification scheme in the address field; see Security.
- Added alternative tab-closing behaviors. The preferences now include the
following options when closing a tab:
- Activate the last active tab (default)
- Activate the next tab
- Activate first tab opened from current tab
- New spatial navigation highlighting, similar to the one used in Opera Mini
4 and the Wii browser.
- Ctrl+Left and Ctrl+Right for Back and Forward are no
longer specific to Mac, but also apply to Windows/Unix.
- "Save Draft" shortcut Ctrl+S removed due to the new
autosaving of drafts (change is not new but was not listed in previous
- Shortcut for "Add attachment" in the compose window is now Ctrl+O
instead of Ctrl+S.
- Shortcut Ctrl+Enter now sends a message, in addition to Ctrl+Shift+S.
- Changed the handling of "Delete" in mail filter views, with Shift+Del
for "Move to Trash" and Del for "Remove from
Filter View", in place of Ctrl+X.
- Shortcut for "Duplicate Tab" has been removed.
- Shortcut for "Reopen Closed Tab" has been changed from Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Z
Changes in Keyboard
Shortcuts between Opera 9.27 and 9.50 Beta 2
Mail, Chat, and Feeds
- Improved IMAP performance and reliability.
- Faster startup times on systems with NTFS and ReiserFS file systems.
- Improved search results in Opera Mail when using Quick Find.
- Opera can now be set as the default mail application from the control
- Improved feed download speed when there are many existing feed messages.
- Reduced CPU usage when downloading torrents.
- Numerous bug fixes and optimizations.
Display and Scripting
- Added MathML support. See the article on Dev.Opera.
- Opera now cloaks document.all. See the discussion on Hallvord's
- Improved performance of Web pages with XMLHttpRequest (AJAX).
- Added support for getClientRects and getBoundingClientRect.
- Added support for the CSS color and background-color properties for the
- Zero bytes in encodeURIComponent and encodeURI are now handled correctly.
- Unicode escapes can no longer be used to put non-identifier characters
- getSVGDocument is now supported in an iframe.
- createDocumentType now throws an exception for malformed qualified name.
- Fixed NodeFilter returning true => 1.
- Fixed HTMLTableRowElement.rowIndex and .sectionRowIndex returning
undefined for table rows created via DOM.
- HTMLButtonElement.type now defaults to "submit".
- Fixed form control collection not indexed by name when outside the main
- Fixed Range.surroundContents().
- Fixed insertNode to not collapse range.
- Fixed removeNamedItem() and removeNamedItemNS() to throw a not-found
- Fixed NodeIterator to function well also under dynamic changes.
- Fixed Date.UTC() to do proper 1900 year offsetting.
- All mail and history searching now occurs in a separate processor thread.
- Opera Link now synchronizes notes, in addition to bookmarks and Speed Dial
- New search.ini includes Google Images and Wikipedia.
- Improved compatibility with Gmail 2.
- Improved back-end for Fraud Protection, now enabled by default.
- Added support for Extended Validation (EV) certificates.
- Added automatic updates of root certificates.
- Introduced a new security notification scheme in the address field:
- gold lock on green field for secure sites with Extended Validation
- silver lock on yellow field for regular secure sites
- question mark on gray field for HTTPS sites with problems
- no notification for normal sites
- fraud warning on red field for blacklisted sites
- Opera now distinguishes between local servers on localhost, intranet
servers, and remote servers on the Internet. Local servers can use remote
resources, but not vice versa.
- Improved performance of painting on Web pages demanding graphics-intensive
- Windowless mode for Silverlight 1.1 now works.
Internet and communication
9.50 beta 2
Product page: here