SMPlayer intends to be a complete front-end for MPlayer, from basic features like playing videos, DVDs, and VCDs to more advanced features like support for MPlayer filters and more. One of the most interesting features of SMPlayer: it remembers the settings of all files you play. So you start to watch a movie but you have to leave... don't worry, when you open that movie again it will resume at the same point you left it, and with the same settings: audio track, subtitles, volume...
- Now compact mode resizes the window, instead of leaving black borders.
- Added an option in Preferences->Interface which allows the user to
select his/her preferred GUI. This way it's easier to use the mini GUI, for
those who prefer a simpler interface with few buttons.
- One more fix for Qt 4.4. The option FAQ in the Help menu didn't work.
- (Windows) Fix: zoom didn't work well (black blocks appeared) if using
- Added the Catalan translation.
Patches and updates
Product page: here