PECompact is an advanced Windows executable compressor. Executable packers compress executable modules (EXE, DLL, etc..) so that their physical size is considerably smaller. At runtime, compressed modules are rapidly decompressed and reconstructed in memory. Used on Google Desktop, DivX Player 6.0, and hundreds of other popular software products, PECompact has real-world exposure and testing beyond competing products. With PECompact, you can rest assured your compressed software will be trouble free.
- Fix.Core: Fixed problem with compression of some previously signed
modules. Note that the signature is removed after compression, since it will
be invalidated by the changes.
- Fix.GUI: Fix to display of compression ratio.
- Fix.Installer: Improved Vista+ UAC support.
- Change.All: Removed use of alternate HKCUPECompact2 registry key.
- Change.Core: Cleaned up console output.
- Change.Core: Removed /AllowSecurityDirectory (/Asd) command line
parameter (now always 'Yes').
- Change.GUI: Removed 'Ignore Security Directory' option.
- Change.Installer: Language selection is now propagated from the
installer to GUI, removing redundant language selection on first run of the
- Change.PEClassify: Cleaned up console output.
- Addition.PEClassify: Added PE or PE+ type output.
- Addition.Package: Added new plug-in to break automated decompression by
UN2PEC, pec2hooks_break_un2pec. (registered version only)
Tools and Utilities
Product page: here