A small and fast two-pane file manager with open plugin architecture. The ability to view content of files (text, html, over 40 picture formats, mp3), support for archives (zip, rar, arj, cab, tar/gzip, etc.) and intuitive user interface that is easier to learn and use, makes it widely popular substitute for Windows Explorer.
- New Password Manager with option to protect your passwords with Master
- Up to 7x faster Compare Directories (by content) command for files on
the same disk.
- Backward compatibility for 2.5 and 2.51 plugins.
- Panel contents are refreshed even if Salamander's window is not active.
- Better handling of encrypted files (EFS) and files with alternate data
- Fixes and improvements related to Fast User Switching and Terminal
Services (Remote Desktop).
- Better support for mouse wheel (wheel tilting, new shortcuts).
- New command line parameters.
- New plugin for browsing network (network neighborhood) directly in
- New DiskMap plugin: used disk space analyzer and visualizer.
- New UnCHM plugin: extractor of Microsoft Compiled HTML Help archives.
- FTP plugin: option to encrypt passwords with AES-256 (uses new Password
- FTP plugin: Support for TLS FTP (also known as FTPS or FTPES with AUTH
- FTP plugin: Support for ZLIB compression (MODE Z).
- UnISO plugin: Added support for Apple Hierachical File System Plus
- TAR plugin: Added support for Debian packages .DEB.
- File Comparator can compare Unicode files now.
- 7-Zip plugin: updated to 7z 4.65.
- ZIP plugin can create files with size over 4GB.
- WinSCP plugin updated to latest WinSCP version.
- Checksum plugin: SHA1 and SHA256 hashes are supported.
- PictView supports autorotation when viewing JPEGs or digital camera RAW
files with EXIF.
Tools and Utilities
Product page: here